How to Apply (FAQ)
Take a look at how foreign investors and foreign-invested companies apply for grievance consulting
Grievance Resolution Process
Area of Grievance Consulting
How to Apply
Choose any of the measures you find convenient among phone call/fax/e-mail/mail/visit/request for Home Doctor’s visit. Your submitted grievance will not be made public and kept completely confidential.
- • Application for consulting service via phone call/e-mail/Home Doctor’s visitGo to Home
- • Visit the Office of Foreign Investment OmbudsmanLocation
- • Submit your grievance via mail or faxFAX:02-3497-1699
- • Address Foreign Investor Aftercare Office, 6th floor, Invest Korea Plaza, 13, Heolleungno, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 135-749, Republic of Korea
- 1. Which company can use the Foreign Investment Ombudsman system?
- ☞ Foreign investors and all companies registered as foreign-invested companies in Korea.
- 2. How can a foreign-invested company file its grievance with the Office of the Foreign Investment Ombudsman?
- ☞ Through any convenient means, including e-mail, the Ombudsman’s website, phone, fax, Twitter and in person.
Companies can also receive on-site assistance from consultants of the Office of Foreign Investment Ombudsman.
- 3. How much does grievance resolution cost?
- ☞ Nothing. The entire grievance resolution process, including consultation and assistance, is free.
- 4. In what areas can grievance resolution be applied?
- ☞ All fields, ranging from corporate management to the living environment of foreign investors. Exceptions include
private disputes between companies, sales of individual companies, requests that contradict global standards and
matters that unfairly influence other companies or industries.
- 5. Will a consultation with the Ombudsman’s Office be kept confidential?
- ☞ Other than for the purpose of resolving the problem, all grievances filed are kept strictly confidential and not revealed
to any third party, pursuant to Paragraph 5, Article 15-2 of the Foreign Investment Promotion Act.
- 6. Could a filing company be at a disadvantage with government authorities or local government agencies for filing a
- ☞ Absolutely not. The Ombudsman’s Office seeks to resolve grievances from the foreign investor’s point of view. Also,
cases involving government agencies can be handled anonymously at the request of the filing company or if deemed
- 7. How can a filing company check the status of the grievance resolution process?
- ☞ A Home Doctor will keep the company informed through every step of the resolution process and receive other
inquiries at any time.