The purpose of these Terms of Service is to define important points of understanding between the Office of Foreign Investment Ombudsman (hereinafter referred to as "OFIO") and the Applicants (or "Users“), related to the services provided by the OFIO, under the current law.
(1) Applicant: One who agrees with these Terms of Service and wants to be offered the OFIO's services.
(2) Qualification: The process to provide the services of the OFIO by granting a user ID upon the user's agreement with the OFIO Terms of Service and filling in the online application form
(3) User: A person who enters into an agreement with the OFIO by accessing the OFIO's services.
(4) User ID: A combination of alphanumeric characters, including letters and numbers, chosen by a user and granted by the OFIO to identify the user and provide the OFIO services.
(5) Password: A combination of alphanumeric characters, for protection of users' personal information and the user verification.
(6) User Profile: User's personal information, including user's full name, contact numbers and e-mail, requested by the OFIO for the user registration.
(7) Webmaster: The person who is in charge of the OFIO's website services, overall management and operation.
(8) Posts: Information, including text, photographs, pictures, files, links and replies on the OFIO website
3). [Effectiveness and amendment of the Terms of Service]
(1) Effectiveness of the Terms of Service:
① These Terms of service will come into effect upon the announcement to users and agreement of users.
② Users who have agreed to these Terms of Service and have registered are subject to these Terms of Service from the moment of the agreement for the use of the OFIO homepage. When there is any change to the Terms of Service, the users are subject to the amended Terms of Service from the moment that the amendment comes into force.
① The OFIO has the authority to amend the Terms of Service within a reasonable range under the relevant law, including the Law on the Control of Terms of Service and the Law on the Promotion of the Information Network Use and Protection of Information. The OFIO posts the effective date, the reason for the amendment and amended articles of the Terms of Service on the initial page of the Website, 7 days before the effective date through the day before the effective date.
② Users who have registered before the amendment are automatically subject to the amended Terms of Service. Those who do not agree with the amended Terms of Service can cancel or terminate the membership anytime by notifying the OFIO.
③ Users who continue using the OFIO services after the amendment of the Terms of Service will be considered to agree with the amended Terms of Service.
4). [Regulations on the Matters not Specified by the Terms of Service]
Matters that are not specified by this Terms of Service shall be subject to relevant current law such as the Law on Electrical Communication Enterprises.
2. Service Contract
Applicants can be provided with the OFIO services by clicking "Agree" for the Terms of Service and filling in personal information on the online registration form provided by the OFIO and with the grant by the OFIO.
6). [Personal Information for the Registration]
Applicants shall submit the following information to be accepted as a user:
(1) Full Name;
(2) User ID;
(4) Telephone Number;
(5) E-mail Address;
(6) Whether the user wants to receive the Investment Service Newsletter or not.
7). [Service Contract Conclusion]
The OFIO will accept as a user any applicant who has sincerely submitted the above information and agreed to the Terms of Service as a user, considering he/she understands and agrees to observe the Terms of Service.
8). [Suspension and Refusal of Service Contract]
(1) The OFIO can suspend the approval of an applicant as a user,
① in case there is insufficient capacity;
② in case there is a technological obstacle;
③ in case that the acceptance of an applicant may cause inconvenience to existing users; and
④ other occasions that the OFIO considers as making the acceptance inappropriate
(2) The OFIO can cancel and/or refuse approval granted to an application in the following cases:
① where the applicant dishonestly submitted personal information of Article 6;
② where case that the applicant submitted a false name,
③ where the acceptance of the applicant may have a negative impact on social order and/or customs; and
④ where the OFIO considers the applicant may conduct himself/herself inappropriately as a user.
9). [Edit Personal Information]
Users shall sincerely manage their personal information for the use of the OFIO services and edit their personal information to make it current.
3. Use of Service
10). [OFIO Obligation]
(1) Management of Users' Personal Information: The OFIO does not disclose, distribute or provide third parties with the users' personal information obtained from providing the OFIO services. However, this information could be disclosed upon the legal inquiry by the government agencies for investigation or public interest.
(2) The OFIO has the obligation to offer users convenient use of the OFIO services and utilization of users' personal information shall be strictly limited to the improvement of the services.
11. [Users' Obligation for the User ID]
(1) Users are responsible for the management of their User IDs and Passwords.
(2) One User ID is, in principle, granted to each user who has registered with his or her real name.
(3) The right to use the OFIO services is limited to an individual user and it shall not be used by a third party. In such cases where it is used by a third party, the OFIO can terminate the User ID without notice, and the user, not the OFIO, is responsible for all problems caused by his/her illegitimate assignment of User ID to a third party. However, the OFIO shall bear the responsibility in the event that the OFIO intentionally or unintentionally caused the problem.
12). [User Obligation for the General Services]
(1) Users shall not engage in the following practices:
① Use others' e-mail accounts without permission;
② Use the information obtained from the OFIO services for commercial purposes, or disclose such information to the media without prior consent of the user who posted the information or the OFIO. However, material on the OFIO website can be publicly used only for the public or users' interest with the prior consent of the OFIO and/or the user who posted the information.
③ Post material or information infringing a third party's rights and copyright.
④ Infringe the operation of the OFIO website
⑤ Post, upload or distribute information, text, pictures or files which disturb public order or good customs.
(2) Users shall cooperate with the OFIO to improve the level of its services.
13). [Services restricted to the Users (Users' post, etc.)]
(1) Services for the users are limited to the bulletin board and services exclusively for those users who have agreed to the Terms of Service.
(2) Regarding using and/or following contents of the bulletin board, users shall exercise prudence and proper discretion.
(3) Users, not the OFIO, are responsible for the damage or any other problems caused by the posted contents on the OFIO website. In the event that a user is involved in legal or non-legal problems due to the infringement of someone's or a program's copyright, he/she shall indemnify and defend the OFIO. If the OFIO could not be indemnified, the user shall be responsible for all the damage caused by himself/herself to the OFIO.
(4) Users shall not post or transmit certain material. Hence, the OFIO can delete, transfer or refuse to post without prior notice any posted and/or transmitted material that falls under the following categories:
① Material that slanders or impairs the honor of the OFIO, or any other user or third party.
② Information, text and symbols which disturb public order or good customs.
③ Material related to criminal activities.
④ Material which infringes the copyright of the OFIO, a third party, or other rights.
⑤ Material which does not correspond with the OFIO's services.
⑥ Advertising or promotional material which is not necessary and/or not approved.
⑦ Material posted under others' user IDs or names, and material which includes forged information originally posted by another user.
14). [Providing Information]
(1) The OFIO can provide information via e-mail when it deems it necessary to provide information to users of the OFIO services
(2) The OFIO, in principle, provides its services around the clock. However, it can be stopped without prior notice, due to regular maintenance, facility repair, service interruption of the network service provider and force majeure, such as natural disasters.
(3) The OFIO can divide the OFIO service and designate and give notice of the time when the users can use each service.
15). [Copyright Matters]
(1) The OFIO owns the copyright and the intellectual property rights on its posted material within the OFIO service.
(2) Users have the copyright on the posted material that they have posted within the OFIO service.
(3) Users shall not copy, transmit, distribute, broadcast and use or provide a third party with the information obtained from the OFIO services for commercial purposes without prior consent of the OFIO. Copyright violation is punishable under the relevant law.
(4) Users shall grant the free, non-exclusive right of use on the posted material that he/she created and/or posted so that the OFIO or a third party that the OFIO allowed can do the following for operation, exhibition and PR.
① copy, correct, edit, transmit, post, distribute publish the material posted by users within the OFIO services,
② post and distribute the material posted by users on other websites operated by the OFIO
③ provide media company and news agencies with the material posted by users and allow them to use the material for publicizing the OFIO's services. In such cases, however, the OFIO does not provide them with the personal information of the user without his/her prior consent.
(5) The OFIO maintains the right of use on the material posted by the user who terminated his/her user account.
16). [Termination and Prohibition of Use]
(1) A user who wants to terminate his/her user account shall directly notify the OFIO.
(2) The OFIO accepts the termination request from a user, except in the following cases, where;
① the termination may cause damage to other users,
② the termination is in violation of the rules set by the OFIO.
(3) The OFIO can terminate a user's account without prior notice in the following cases, where;
① the user disturbs social order and good customs;
② the user posts illegal message;
③ the user submits false information, including one's personal information;
④ the user submits other's personal information;
⑤ the user disturbs the operation of the OFIO website by various illegal means;
⑥ the user use the information obtained form the OFIO services for commercial purposes or announce and/or inform a third party without prior consent of the OFIO;
⑦ the user causes inconveniences to other users or the OFIO.
(1) The OFIO is not liable for any damage or inconvenience claimed by users, unless the damage or inconvenience has been intentionally caused by the OFIO or through severe mistakes by the OFIO.
(2) In the event that a user causes damage to the OFIO by violating the Terms of Service, the user shall indemnify the damage
(1) The OFIO is not liable for any OFIO service failure due to force majeure or natural disasters.
(2) The OFIO is not liable for the OFIO service failure due to problems caused by users.
(3) The OFIO is not liable for the loss of expected profit from the OFIO services and other services. The OFIO is also not liable for the credibility and correctness of the information, material and facts posted by the users.
(4) The OFIO does not have a responsibility to get involved in any disputes and is not liable to compensate the r the users for any damages claimed.
19). [Lawsuits and Relevant Law]
(1) Any lawsuits which are filed in connection with the OFIO and the users of this website fall under the jurisdiction of the competent court within the district in which the OFIO is located.
(2) The law of Republic of Korea shall be applicable to any lawsuits between the OFIO and a user or users.
(Additional Clause) These Terms of Service shall come in force from January 1st of 2016.