Shortcut to Body Shortcut to main menu

News & Event

• Home
  • News
  • News & Event
Gwangju successfully reached a biz collaboration agreement with world's no.3 robot maker
Date
Views

According to Yonhap News,

With persistent efforts to partner with by a few world prominent companies in Korea, the city of Gwangju successfully reached a business collaboration agreement with the pioneers in robotic industry in China.

The local authority ran a briefing session on Nov. 29 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Seoul to reaffirm Korea’s favorable investment environment, giving a presentation for industry trend & status to explain business prospects of artificial intelligence, green cars, smart energy and clean air. Along with Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) and LG electronics, major partners in smart energy / clean air industry, nearly 200 enterprises including the world’s top three robot maker, Siasun China hiring as many as 4,000 researchers alone, showed up.

Prior to the presentation session, some of the attendees were on a two-day business site tour, looking around industrial cluster and Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology. The chair of Siasun China said “What you’d like to hear the most from me would probably be ‘ok, let’s make a deal’. I’d like to deliver my sincere gratitude to the city mayor, saying ‘ok, let’s make a deal together’. I firmly believe we could be a lifelong friend to work with.” City mayor Lee Yong-seop called for more funding for the city development saying, “We’ll make a full commitment to transforming this place into a hub of 11 promising future businesses. The city of Gwangju would soon become the favorable spot for investment & business.”

Source Text

Copyrights Yonhap News. All Rights Reserved.
Reprint or redistribution without permission is prohibited.

sangwon700@yna.co.kr

Source: Yonhap News (Nov. 29, 2019)

*This article was translated from Korean.