Shortcut to Body Shortcut to main menu

News & Event

• Home
  • News
  • News & Event
Director of Freer and Sackler Galleries Surprised by Asian Culture Complex in Gwangju
Date
Views

According to Yonhap News,

(GWANGJU=Yonhap News)Director Julian Raby of Smithsonian’s Freer and Sackler Galleries visited the Asian Culture Complex in Gwangju and was overwhelmed by the grand and beautiful architecture.

more

Director Raby met with Chairman Choi Jong-mahn of the Asia Culture Development Institute and toured the Agency of Culture for Children, Asian Culture Information Agency, Cultural Promotion Agency and Asian Arts Theatre.

"I have heard so much about the Asian Culture Complex from architect Kyu Sung Woo, the architect who designed the complex and I really wanted to see it with my own eyes. People in Gwangju should be proud of such an attractive building. We hope to seek ways to cooperate with the complex,” said Raby.

The Smithsonian Institution is the world’s largest museum in Washington D.C. in the United States, home to 18 institutions including museums, galleries, research centers and libraries. The Freer and Sackler Galleries is an Asian art gallery of the Smithsonian Institution, which also has a Korean gallery.

minu21@yna.co.kr

Copyrights Yonhap News. All Rights Reserved.

Source Text

Source: Yonhap News (November. 04, 2014)

** This article was translated from the Korean.