skip to main contents skip to main menu

Resolved Cases

  • Home
  • Grievance Consultation
  • Resolved Cases
  • Establishment of Global R&D Center
    • 담당부서 : 외투기업고충처리실(고상원)
    • 조회수 : 2,152
  • Organization : Ewha Womans University, Seoul Metropolitan Government, Seoul City Hall
  • Regulation : Seoul Metropolitan Government Ordinance on City Planning
•Backgrounds: Company I signed MOU with Ewha Womans University to build a R&D center within the campus. However, Seoul Metropolitan Government said the land in the campus was classified as natural green zone where construction approval could not be given. Seoul city made a suggestion to use another neighboring area instead, which the company accepted.

•Main Issue: Company I is planning to open a global R&D center in September 2013 when the company celebrates 150th anniversary of its foundation. The construction should be completed by May 2013, but the alternative area Seoul city proposed needed approval of Urban Planning Committee due to some geographical factors such as nearby tunnels.

•Request: To complete the construction in time, administrative cooperation of the Urban Planning Committee should be rendered as soon as possible. .

Resoultion and Results
Resolution and Results
‣(December 6, 2012) At a meeting with Foreign-invested Companies in Seoul City presided by the Foreign Investment Ombudsman, Company I requested active assistance to resolve its grievance.

‣(May 7, 2012) The Ombudsman office visited Seoul City Hall, explained the grievance of Company I, and requested active cooperation of the city. Seoul city agreed to introduce the issue to the Urban Planning Committee meeting.

‣(March 21, 2012) The issue was introduced at the Urban Planning Committee meeting, but the Committee decided to conduct an on-site investigation on the concerned area in addition to document review because safety issue had emerged after the landslide of Mt. Umyeon.

‣(April 4, 2012) The Committee finally gave approval through reintroduction of the issue.

•Result: Company I can now apply for receiving construction authorization of the Seodaemun-gu office.